Haryana municipal polls on May 20
Chandigarh: Elections to the municipal corporation of Faridabad, 10 municipal councils and 28 municipal committees in Haryana will be held May 20, a poll panel official said Monday.
"Nearly 2,078,281 voters will exercise their franchise and the voting will take place through electronic voting machines (EVMs)," state Election Commissioner Dharam Vir said.
He said that municipal general elections will be held in 35 wards of municipal corporation in Faridabad, 266 wards of 10 municipal councils and 436 wards of 28 municipal committees.
The 10 municipal councils are Palwal, Fatehabad, Tohana, Hansi, Jind, Narwana, Thanesar, Narnaul, Sirsa and Sonipat.
The 28 municipal committees are Naraingarh, Charkhi Dadri, Ratia, Sohna, Barwala, Jhajjar, Safidon, Cheeka, Gharaunda, Taraori, Assandh, Nissing, Shahabad, Ladwa, Pehowa, Mahendergarh, Nuh, Ferozepur Zhirka, Hodel, Punhana, Samalkha, Bawal, Meham, Kalanwali, Ellenabad, Rania, Gohana and Ganaur.
The official said that with the election being notified Monday, the model code of conduct would come into force immediately.
The state Election Commission has purchased 5,314 EVMs for the voting, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency