Haryana municipal polls on May 20
Chandigarh: Elections to the municipal corporation of Faridabad, 10 municipal councils and 28 municipal committees in Haryana will be held May 20, a poll panel official said Monday.
"Nearly 2,078,281 voters will exercise their franchise and the voting will take place through electronic voting machines (EVMs)," state Election Commissioner Dharam Vir said.
He said that municipal general elections will be held in 35 wards of municipal corporation in Faridabad, 266 wards of 10 municipal councils and 436 wards of 28 municipal committees.
The 10 municipal councils are Palwal, Fatehabad, Tohana, Hansi, Jind, Narwana, Thanesar, Narnaul, Sirsa and Sonipat.
The 28 municipal committees are Naraingarh, Charkhi Dadri, Ratia, Sohna, Barwala, Jhajjar, Safidon, Cheeka, Gharaunda, Taraori, Assandh, Nissing, Shahabad, Ladwa, Pehowa, Mahendergarh, Nuh, Ferozepur Zhirka, Hodel, Punhana, Samalkha, Bawal, Meham, Kalanwali, Ellenabad, Rania, Gohana and Ganaur.
The official said that with the election being notified Monday, the model code of conduct would come into force immediately.
The state Election Commission has purchased 5,314 EVMs for the voting, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Priyanka Chopra spills the beans about Deepika Padukone’s next Hollywood venture!
- Monsoon to reach Delhi by end of June, says Met department
- India likely to test launch new missile today
- Elli Avram looks red HOT in this latest picture!
- Haji Ali Dargah case: Expect a 'pro women' verdict from Bombay HC, says Trupti Desai