Haryana municipal polls on May 20
Chandigarh: Elections to the municipal corporation of Faridabad, 10 municipal councils and 28 municipal committees in Haryana will be held May 20, a poll panel official said Monday.
"Nearly 2,078,281 voters will exercise their franchise and the voting will take place through electronic voting machines (EVMs)," state Election Commissioner Dharam Vir said.
He said that municipal general elections will be held in 35 wards of municipal corporation in Faridabad, 266 wards of 10 municipal councils and 436 wards of 28 municipal committees.
The 10 municipal councils are Palwal, Fatehabad, Tohana, Hansi, Jind, Narwana, Thanesar, Narnaul, Sirsa and Sonipat.
The 28 municipal committees are Naraingarh, Charkhi Dadri, Ratia, Sohna, Barwala, Jhajjar, Safidon, Cheeka, Gharaunda, Taraori, Assandh, Nissing, Shahabad, Ladwa, Pehowa, Mahendergarh, Nuh, Ferozepur Zhirka, Hodel, Punhana, Samalkha, Bawal, Meham, Kalanwali, Ellenabad, Rania, Gohana and Ganaur.
The official said that with the election being notified Monday, the model code of conduct would come into force immediately.
The state Election Commission has purchased 5,314 EVMs for the voting, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state