Haryana notifies amended compensation scheme for acid attack victims
Chandigarh: Haryana Government has notified the amended scheme to provide ad-hoc relief or compensation, medical reimbursement and rehabilitation facilities to women victims of acid attacks.
Stating this here today, a spokesman of the Women and Child Development Department said that concerned Deputy Commissioner or Sub Divisional Magistrate would pay the compensation as after-care and rehabilitation cost under the Haryana Victim Compensation Scheme of the Home Department.
He said a compensation of Rs 3 lakh would be given to acid attack victims involving defacement, loss of limb or parts of body and for plastic surgery.
Out of the total amount, a sum of Rs 1 lakh would be paid to a victim within 15 days of occurrence of such incident or being brought to the notice of the state government as ad hoc relief to facilitate immediate medical attention and expenses in this regard.
The balance sum of Rs 2 lakh would be paid to the victim as expeditiously as might be possible and positively within two months thereafter, he added.
The spokesman said in case of acid attack not resulting in defacement or loss of limb or parts of body and plastic surgery, compensation of Rs 50,000 would be paid to a victim.
Similarly, in case of a victim`s death, the state level committee would pay a lump sum of Rs 5 lakh to the legal heir. This amount would be in addition to any expenses incurred towards the treatment of the victim, he informed.
He said acid attack victims of Haryana would be entitled to receive medical treatment free of cost from amongst any of the government hospitals or government approved hospitals.
This amount would be reimbursed by the Women and Child Development Department, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015: Not easy for fast bowler to win many MOM in one season, says Ashish Nehra