Haryana notifies amended compensation scheme for acid attack victims
Chandigarh: Haryana Government has notified the amended scheme to provide ad-hoc relief or compensation, medical reimbursement and rehabilitation facilities to women victims of acid attacks.
Stating this here today, a spokesman of the Women and Child Development Department said that concerned Deputy Commissioner or Sub Divisional Magistrate would pay the compensation as after-care and rehabilitation cost under the Haryana Victim Compensation Scheme of the Home Department.
He said a compensation of Rs 3 lakh would be given to acid attack victims involving defacement, loss of limb or parts of body and for plastic surgery.
Out of the total amount, a sum of Rs 1 lakh would be paid to a victim within 15 days of occurrence of such incident or being brought to the notice of the state government as ad hoc relief to facilitate immediate medical attention and expenses in this regard.
The balance sum of Rs 2 lakh would be paid to the victim as expeditiously as might be possible and positively within two months thereafter, he added.
The spokesman said in case of acid attack not resulting in defacement or loss of limb or parts of body and plastic surgery, compensation of Rs 50,000 would be paid to a victim.
Similarly, in case of a victim`s death, the state level committee would pay a lump sum of Rs 5 lakh to the legal heir. This amount would be in addition to any expenses incurred towards the treatment of the victim, he informed.
He said acid attack victims of Haryana would be entitled to receive medical treatment free of cost from amongst any of the government hospitals or government approved hospitals.
This amount would be reimbursed by the Women and Child Development Department, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India