Haryana notifies Sikhs marriages under Anand Marriage Act
Chandigarh: Haryana government on Wednesday said it has notified the Anand Marriage Registration Act, 2014 for the registration of marriages of Sikh couples under the Act in the state.
"For the purpose of registration of `Anand Marriage` within the state, the revenue officers concerned in case of rural areas and the Joint Commissioner concerned in case of Municipal Corporation are authorised as Registrar within their respective jurisdiction," a Home Department official said here.
"While the Executive Officers concerned for the Municipal Committee and the Secretary concerned of Municipal Council in Urban areas are authorised as Registrar within their respective jurisdiction," he said.
The Anand Marriage would be registered with the registrar within whose jurisdiction such marriage is solemnised, he said.
Sikh groups have maintained that members of the community face problems abroad as their certificates are issued under the Hindu Marriage Act. Sikh marriage ceremonies are generally known as `Anand Karaj` (blissful event).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living