Haryana: NSUI district president booked
Faridabad: Police Tuesday registered a case of attempt to murder and other offences under IPC against NSUI district president and few others, following an incident in which a youth Congress was shot at from a close range.
NSUI district president Praveen Chandila and few others have been charged with attempt to murder among other offences under IPC in connection with a firing incident in which youth Congress leader Dhara Chaprana suffered a bullet wound in stomach region yesterday, a police spokesman said.
Chaprana was rushed to Metro hospital here, where his condition was stated to be critical.
Chandila and Chaprana were contesting the youth Congress election, for which the polling was carried out yesterday.
Efforts were underway to arrest the accused persons, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites