Haryana: NSUI district president booked
Faridabad: Police Tuesday registered a case of attempt to murder and other offences under IPC against NSUI district president and few others, following an incident in which a youth Congress was shot at from a close range.
NSUI district president Praveen Chandila and few others have been charged with attempt to murder among other offences under IPC in connection with a firing incident in which youth Congress leader Dhara Chaprana suffered a bullet wound in stomach region yesterday, a police spokesman said.
Chaprana was rushed to Metro hospital here, where his condition was stated to be critical.
Chandila and Chaprana were contesting the youth Congress election, for which the polling was carried out yesterday.
Efforts were underway to arrest the accused persons, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley