Haryana: NSUI district president booked
Faridabad: Police Tuesday registered a case of attempt to murder and other offences under IPC against NSUI district president and few others, following an incident in which a youth Congress was shot at from a close range.
NSUI district president Praveen Chandila and few others have been charged with attempt to murder among other offences under IPC in connection with a firing incident in which youth Congress leader Dhara Chaprana suffered a bullet wound in stomach region yesterday, a police spokesman said.
Chaprana was rushed to Metro hospital here, where his condition was stated to be critical.
Chandila and Chaprana were contesting the youth Congress election, for which the polling was carried out yesterday.
Efforts were underway to arrest the accused persons, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days