Haryana: One policeman killed, 3 injured in attack
Jind: A policeman was killed and three
others were injured after being attacked allegedly by members
of a family here on Saturday.
Havildar Raj Kumar was killed while ASI Balwan Singh,
Havildar Subhash and constable Ashok Kumar got injured after
they were attacked by the assailants with sharp edged weapons,
The clash started after a youth, Amit, had some arguments
with a police team over checking of his vehicle at Bhiwani
road area here, police said.
Later members of Amit`s family, including his father Om
Parkash and brother Sunil, reached the spot and allegedly
attacked the police officials.
Havildar Subhash was seriously injured in the attack.
After receiving the information, a police team reached
the residence of Amit.
Family members of Amit again allegedly attacked the
police team with sharp edged weapons, injuring Raj Kumar,
Balwan Singh and Ashok Kumar, police said.
Injured were rushed to a local hospital, from where
Raj Kumar and Subhash were referred to Medical College
Hospital Rohtak. Raj Kumar died on way to Rohtak.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended