Haryana panchayat bans cultural programmes by girls in schools
Jind (Haryana): A village panchayat here has banned cultural programmes by girl students in schools in the area alleging they were encouraging vulgarity.
"Dances and songs in these cultural programmes have encouraged vulgarity among students. Therefore, ban on such programmes is a necessity," Raja Ram, `Sarpanch` of Kinana village panchayat, said on Friday.
As the decision drew flak, the sarpanch said the criticism was unwarranted as the the panchayat has not banned cultural programmes, it has only banned "vulgar cultural programmes".
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview
- Draft Bill for statehood of Delhi is ready: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- China, Japan foreign ministers hold rare talks to reduce mistrust in ties