Haryana panchayat bans cultural programmes by girls in schools
Jind (Haryana): A village panchayat here has banned cultural programmes by girl students in schools in the area alleging they were encouraging vulgarity.
"Dances and songs in these cultural programmes have encouraged vulgarity among students. Therefore, ban on such programmes is a necessity," Raja Ram, `Sarpanch` of Kinana village panchayat, said on Friday.
As the decision drew flak, the sarpanch said the criticism was unwarranted as the the panchayat has not banned cultural programmes, it has only banned "vulgar cultural programmes".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem