Haryana panchayat bans cultural programmes by girls in schools
Jind (Haryana): A village panchayat here has banned cultural programmes by girl students in schools in the area alleging they were encouraging vulgarity.
"Dances and songs in these cultural programmes have encouraged vulgarity among students. Therefore, ban on such programmes is a necessity," Raja Ram, `Sarpanch` of Kinana village panchayat, said on Friday.
As the decision drew flak, the sarpanch said the criticism was unwarranted as the the panchayat has not banned cultural programmes, it has only banned "vulgar cultural programmes".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened