Haryana planning to expand scope of NRLM
Chandigarh: Haryana government is considering to expand the scope of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) programme to cover beneficiaries in all the 21 districts in the state.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said this decision would benefit more than 10 lakh poor families.
The programme was launched on May 17 at Tarou with assistance from the Central government and is presently being implemented in Mewat and Sirsa districts, an official release said on Sunday.
However, the Chief Minister has decided to give financial package to the Self-Help-Groups (SHGs) formed by rural poor families under this scheme in the remaining 19 districts from the state`s own resources, on the pattern of Central government, it said.
Under NRLM, the Central government would bear three per cent rate of interest in two Integrated Action Plan (IAP) districts Mewat and Sirsa over and above the seven per cent rate of interest to be charged from the SHGs under NRLM.
This assistance would be provided by way of payment of interest on the loans taken by SHGs under the programme, the release said.
This benefit would be allowed to those families who would regularly repay the loan to banks.
Hooda added that the funds under the scheme would be provided to the SHGs on demand basis. Each poor household would be provided income generating activities besides enhancing their capacity building and extending marketing facilities for the disposal of their goods.
He also announced that educated unemployed rural youth would be given placement training for self-employment, which has ample scope in the state.
The objective of the Mission is to strengthen the SHGs, particularly women groups, through training and skill development to help increase their capability and income, the release also said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?