Haryana plans to bring Right to Play on lines of RTE: Hooda
Bhiwani: On the lines of Right to Education Act, the Haryana government plans to bring a `Right to Play` Act in the state for all round development of children, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Sunday.
Speaking during annual prize distribution function at a school here, Hooda said under the `Right to Play` Act, access to optimum physical activity through sports would be ensured to every child as a right.
On the occasion, he honored meritorious students and presented gold and silver medals to 28 such students who excelled in the annual Board examinations of 2011.
Hooda said proper implementation of Right to Education Act, enhancing capabilities of teachers by in-service training and constituting a separate Teacher Recruitment Board were essential.
The chief minister said a state level teachers training institute was being opened during this academic session.
He said the state government was making all-out efforts to provide education to poor children.
Kisan Model Schools were being established in all the districts to provide education in science, mathematics and commerce to wards of farmers, he said.
Hooda said now Haryana has become "hub of modern education", adding during year 2004-05, there were eight universities functioning in the state which had now increased to 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’