Haryana plans to bring Right to Play on lines of RTE: Hooda
Bhiwani: On the lines of Right to Education Act, the Haryana government plans to bring a `Right to Play` Act in the state for all round development of children, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Sunday.
Speaking during annual prize distribution function at a school here, Hooda said under the `Right to Play` Act, access to optimum physical activity through sports would be ensured to every child as a right.
On the occasion, he honored meritorious students and presented gold and silver medals to 28 such students who excelled in the annual Board examinations of 2011.
Hooda said proper implementation of Right to Education Act, enhancing capabilities of teachers by in-service training and constituting a separate Teacher Recruitment Board were essential.
The chief minister said a state level teachers training institute was being opened during this academic session.
He said the state government was making all-out efforts to provide education to poor children.
Kisan Model Schools were being established in all the districts to provide education in science, mathematics and commerce to wards of farmers, he said.
Hooda said now Haryana has become "hub of modern education", adding during year 2004-05, there were eight universities functioning in the state which had now increased to 28.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know