Haryana plans to increase greenery by 10%
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government has
decided to increase state`s forest cover up to 10 per cent by
the end of 2010.
Forests Minister Ajay Singh Yadav today said the
department had decided to plant 175 lakh saplings in the
financial year. Of this 163 lakh saplings had already been
Yadav said during the last five years as many as 906
lakh saplings were planted increasing the green cover.
Over seven per cent area was under forests cover in the
state, out of which 3.53 per cent was under the control of the
government while the remaining had been under the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video