Haryana plans to increase greenery by 10%
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government has
decided to increase state`s forest cover up to 10 per cent by
the end of 2010.
Forests Minister Ajay Singh Yadav today said the
department had decided to plant 175 lakh saplings in the
financial year. Of this 163 lakh saplings had already been
Yadav said during the last five years as many as 906
lakh saplings were planted increasing the green cover.
Over seven per cent area was under forests cover in the
state, out of which 3.53 per cent was under the control of the
government while the remaining had been under the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar