Haryana plans to increase greenery by 10%
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government has
decided to increase state`s forest cover up to 10 per cent by
the end of 2010.
Forests Minister Ajay Singh Yadav today said the
department had decided to plant 175 lakh saplings in the
financial year. Of this 163 lakh saplings had already been
Yadav said during the last five years as many as 906
lakh saplings were planted increasing the green cover.
Over seven per cent area was under forests cover in the
state, out of which 3.53 per cent was under the control of the
government while the remaining had been under the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory