Haryana plans to set up breeding centre for peacocks
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government plans to
set up a peacock breeding centre for the protection of the
national bird in Rewari district.
The modalities for its implementation on a 70 acre plot
were being worked out, an official release said here today.
Similarly, proposals to set up a sanctuary had also been
forwarded to the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests.
The state government has also taken up breeding programme
of vultures and work was being done in collaboration with the
Bombay Natural History Society.
Three species of vultures were being bred in aviaries
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends