Haryana plans to set up breeding centre for peacocks
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government plans to
set up a peacock breeding centre for the protection of the
national bird in Rewari district.
The modalities for its implementation on a 70 acre plot
were being worked out, an official release said here today.
Similarly, proposals to set up a sanctuary had also been
forwarded to the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests.
The state government has also taken up breeding programme
of vultures and work was being done in collaboration with the
Bombay Natural History Society.
Three species of vultures were being bred in aviaries
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company