Haryana pleads for reservation to more castes
Chandigarh: In a bid to please a major vote-bank in the state, the Haryana government has urged the Union government to consider its request for inclusion of Jat, Jat Sikh, Bishnoi, Ror and Tyagi castes in the Central list of the state as recommended by the Backward Classes Commission.
In this regard, a written communication has been sent to the Central government.
The state government has also enclosed a copy of the report of the Haryana Backward Classes Commission dated December 12, 2012 for reference.
"The communication has been addressed to Secretary, Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Anil Goswami. The state Council of Ministers in its meeting held December 12, while accepting the recommendations of the Haryana Backward Classes Commission, decided that inclusion of the Jat, Jat Sikh, Bishnoi, Ror and Tyagi castes in the Central list of Haryana state, should be taken up with the Centre," said an official spokesperson of the state government.
"We want members of these castes to immediately take the benefit of reservations like in the jobs of the government of India," he added.
Haryana government has made a similar request to the Principal Secretary to Prime Minister, Union Cabinet Secretary and Secretary of Union Finance Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch