Haryana police authority website launched
Chandigarh: People in Haryana will now be able register their complaints against police personnel online.
The State Police Complaint Authority (SPCA), constituted by Haryana Government for a purpose of creating independent and impartial investigation agency against "serious misconduct" of police personnel, launched its website on Friday.
The SPCA website -- spcahry.Nic.In -- was inaugurated by Haryana Chief Secretary, PK Chaudhary.
SPCA was constituted by the Haryana Government on August 16, 2010 under the Haryana Police Act, 2007.
People can now register their complaints online against police personnels for their misconduct, Chairman of the Authority, HS Rana said.
After a detailed inquiry in each complaint, the authority would send its recommendation to the state government for the required action against the concern police official.
Till date, the SPCA has received 125 complaints of "serious misconduct" by police personnel, he said adding out of these 19 have been disposed of after a thorough probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next