Haryana police authority website launched
Chandigarh: People in Haryana will now be able register their complaints against police personnel online.
The State Police Complaint Authority (SPCA), constituted by Haryana Government for a purpose of creating independent and impartial investigation agency against "serious misconduct" of police personnel, launched its website on Friday.
The SPCA website -- spcahry.Nic.In -- was inaugurated by Haryana Chief Secretary, PK Chaudhary.
SPCA was constituted by the Haryana Government on August 16, 2010 under the Haryana Police Act, 2007.
People can now register their complaints online against police personnels for their misconduct, Chairman of the Authority, HS Rana said.
After a detailed inquiry in each complaint, the authority would send its recommendation to the state government for the required action against the concern police official.
Till date, the SPCA has received 125 complaints of "serious misconduct" by police personnel, he said adding out of these 19 have been disposed of after a thorough probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says