Haryana police authority website launched
Chandigarh: People in Haryana will now be able register their complaints against police personnel online.
The State Police Complaint Authority (SPCA), constituted by Haryana Government for a purpose of creating independent and impartial investigation agency against "serious misconduct" of police personnel, launched its website on Friday.
The SPCA website -- spcahry.Nic.In -- was inaugurated by Haryana Chief Secretary, PK Chaudhary.
SPCA was constituted by the Haryana Government on August 16, 2010 under the Haryana Police Act, 2007.
People can now register their complaints online against police personnels for their misconduct, Chairman of the Authority, HS Rana said.
After a detailed inquiry in each complaint, the authority would send its recommendation to the state government for the required action against the concern police official.
Till date, the SPCA has received 125 complaints of "serious misconduct" by police personnel, he said adding out of these 19 have been disposed of after a thorough probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack