Haryana Police conduct raids to nab poachers
Chandigarh: Haryana Police on Monday started conducting searches across the state to nab some of the dozen poachers who fled the Kalesar National Park after one of them was killed in gunfire Saturday night, officials said.
According to the police, nearly a dozen poachers had entered the territory of the protected national park Saturday night to hunt panthers and elephants.
"There were around 12 poachers and four of them were carrying arms. On hearing the gunshots, forest guards rushed to the spot and the poachers started firing at them. One of the poachers was killed but others managed to escape," a police officer said.
"Three forest guards were also injured. They are out of danger. We are conducting raids at various places to nab the accused," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note