Haryana Police conduct raids to nab poachers
Chandigarh: Haryana Police on Monday started conducting searches across the state to nab some of the dozen poachers who fled the Kalesar National Park after one of them was killed in gunfire Saturday night, officials said.
According to the police, nearly a dozen poachers had entered the territory of the protected national park Saturday night to hunt panthers and elephants.
"There were around 12 poachers and four of them were carrying arms. On hearing the gunshots, forest guards rushed to the spot and the poachers started firing at them. One of the poachers was killed but others managed to escape," a police officer said.
"Three forest guards were also injured. They are out of danger. We are conducting raids at various places to nab the accused," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon