Haryana Police conduct raids to nab poachers
Chandigarh: Haryana Police on Monday started conducting searches across the state to nab some of the dozen poachers who fled the Kalesar National Park after one of them was killed in gunfire Saturday night, officials said.
According to the police, nearly a dozen poachers had entered the territory of the protected national park Saturday night to hunt panthers and elephants.
"There were around 12 poachers and four of them were carrying arms. On hearing the gunshots, forest guards rushed to the spot and the poachers started firing at them. One of the poachers was killed but others managed to escape," a police officer said.
"Three forest guards were also injured. They are out of danger. We are conducting raids at various places to nab the accused," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi