Haryana Police goes hi-tech
Chandigarh: The Haryana Police has gone hi-tech installing latest gadgets to keep a tab on criminals and check crime.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday said that the Crime Criminal Information System and Common Integrated Police Application have been implemented in all the police stations in the state.
Besides, POLNET (police network device) has been installed in the state police headquarters and 18 districts, he said at a meeting of the Northern Zonal Council here.
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System (CCTNS) is also being introduced in the state, he said.
To effectively handle corruption cases, the government has established five Vigilance Police Stations at Panchkula, Ambala, Gurgaon, Rohtak and Hisar, he said, adding such police stations were being considered for Karnal and Faridabad.
To ensure speedy trial of cases of prevention of crime, the state government has designated all courts of Sessions Judges and Additional Sessions Judges in the state as `Special Courts` for trial of offences under the Prevention of Corruption Act, he said.
The state government has also taken several steps to eradicate human trafficking and a public notice for registration of various Homes for Women under the Act has also been issued.
Instructions have been issued to all Deputy Commissioners to carry out surveys and register all child care institutions. and the Science and Technology Department has been asked to create a data base in regard to the Children Homes, for securing biometric data of each and every inmate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Delhi: Africans thrash Ola cabbie for refusing to carry extra passengers
- New Horizons' best close-up of Pluto's surface – Watch!
- SoftBank's investments in India may surpass $10 billion
- Jaitley to 'take India story forward' with Japanese investors
- Bleaching kills 35 percent of coral in Great Barrier Reef