Haryana Police to set up women helpline
Chandigarh: In the wake of rising number of rape cases, Haryana Police on Wednesday decided to set up soon a women helpline which would be functional round-the-clock.
Haryana Director General of Police Ranjiv Singh Dalal said a women helpline would be set up soon.
Dalal today reviewed the implementation of directions issued by the police headquarters regarding crime against women through video conferencing with all district Superintendents of Police, Range Inspectors General of Police and Commissioners of Police asked them to set up the women helpline at once.
The District Officers also gave an account of all the steps taken by them in their respective jurisdiction including progress in carrying out village touring, action against vagabonds, action against drinking at public places, according to an official release here.
The officers were asked to hold joint meetings with District and Sessions Judge, Deputy Commissioners and District Attorneys to remove hurdles in the way of quick trials of serious crimes against women.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan