Haryana Police to set up women helpline
Chandigarh: In the wake of rising number of rape cases, Haryana Police on Wednesday decided to set up soon a women helpline which would be functional round-the-clock.
Haryana Director General of Police Ranjiv Singh Dalal said a women helpline would be set up soon.
Dalal today reviewed the implementation of directions issued by the police headquarters regarding crime against women through video conferencing with all district Superintendents of Police, Range Inspectors General of Police and Commissioners of Police asked them to set up the women helpline at once.
The District Officers also gave an account of all the steps taken by them in their respective jurisdiction including progress in carrying out village touring, action against vagabonds, action against drinking at public places, according to an official release here.
The officers were asked to hold joint meetings with District and Sessions Judge, Deputy Commissioners and District Attorneys to remove hurdles in the way of quick trials of serious crimes against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city