Haryana Police to set up women helpline
Chandigarh: In the wake of rising number of rape cases, Haryana Police on Wednesday decided to set up soon a women helpline which would be functional round-the-clock.
Haryana Director General of Police Ranjiv Singh Dalal said a women helpline would be set up soon.
Dalal today reviewed the implementation of directions issued by the police headquarters regarding crime against women through video conferencing with all district Superintendents of Police, Range Inspectors General of Police and Commissioners of Police asked them to set up the women helpline at once.
The District Officers also gave an account of all the steps taken by them in their respective jurisdiction including progress in carrying out village touring, action against vagabonds, action against drinking at public places, according to an official release here.
The officers were asked to hold joint meetings with District and Sessions Judge, Deputy Commissioners and District Attorneys to remove hurdles in the way of quick trials of serious crimes against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!