Haryana Police to set up women helpline
Chandigarh: In the wake of rising number of rape cases, Haryana Police on Wednesday decided to set up soon a women helpline which would be functional round-the-clock.
Haryana Director General of Police Ranjiv Singh Dalal said a women helpline would be set up soon.
Dalal today reviewed the implementation of directions issued by the police headquarters regarding crime against women through video conferencing with all district Superintendents of Police, Range Inspectors General of Police and Commissioners of Police asked them to set up the women helpline at once.
The District Officers also gave an account of all the steps taken by them in their respective jurisdiction including progress in carrying out village touring, action against vagabonds, action against drinking at public places, according to an official release here.
The officers were asked to hold joint meetings with District and Sessions Judge, Deputy Commissioners and District Attorneys to remove hurdles in the way of quick trials of serious crimes against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'