Haryana puts rapists profiles on government website
Chandigarh: Haryana police on Friday began putting names and details of convicted rapists on a government website even as two youths were arrested in Jind district for allegedly recording and circulating the obscene MMS of a teenager.
Haryana police have started a process to put names, addresses and crime details of at least 2,500 convicted rapists in the past about a decade on the website, a senior police official said here today.
However, while putting the details about rapists on websites police will conceal the identity of victims, state crime records bureau director Laik Ram Dabbas said.
Meanwhile, police have arrested two youths for recording and circulating the objectionable MMS of a 17-year-old girl from Popli village at Julana district of Jind.
The accused have been identified as Sumit and Praveen and are students of class 11th and 12th respectively and belong to farmers` families, SHO Rajinder Singh said.
Giving details, he said the incident took place on December 7 whereas the girl got courage to lodge a complaint on Wednesday.
He said that the accused were blackmailing her on the basis of the MMS.
Complaints on gender-related offences continued to reach police stations in Punjab.
Sushil Kumar was arrested by police for allegedly outraging the modesty of a colleague at Zirakpur in Punjab`s Patiala district, police said.
Meanwhile, police arrested a 21-year-old youth for allegedly raping a minor girl, a student of class 9th, for months together in Muktsar district of Punjab, SSP Surjeet Singh said.
Gagandeep Singh often used to chase the minor and on one evening while she was going to attend tuition classes, he forcefully took her to a house at Kotkapura in Muktsar district and allegedly raped her, he said.
While two men were held for raping a minor girl in Charki Dadri in Bhiwani district, a truck driver was taken into custody for allegedly raping a minor girl at Bhawani Khera in Bhiwani district, police said.
Police have registered a case against a 14-year-old boy for allegedly indulging in lewd acts with a three-year-old girl and her six-year-old brother at Sutalwind in Amritsar district, SHO Parvesh Chopra said.
Sumnadeep Singh and Sandeep Singh were arrested by police for molesting a college girl in Bathinda town, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'