Haryana puts rapists profiles on government website
Chandigarh: Haryana police on Friday began putting names and details of convicted rapists on a government website even as two youths were arrested in Jind district for allegedly recording and circulating the obscene MMS of a teenager.
Haryana police have started a process to put names, addresses and crime details of at least 2,500 convicted rapists in the past about a decade on the website, a senior police official said here today.
However, while putting the details about rapists on websites police will conceal the identity of victims, state crime records bureau director Laik Ram Dabbas said.
Meanwhile, police have arrested two youths for recording and circulating the objectionable MMS of a 17-year-old girl from Popli village at Julana district of Jind.
The accused have been identified as Sumit and Praveen and are students of class 11th and 12th respectively and belong to farmers` families, SHO Rajinder Singh said.
Giving details, he said the incident took place on December 7 whereas the girl got courage to lodge a complaint on Wednesday.
He said that the accused were blackmailing her on the basis of the MMS.
Complaints on gender-related offences continued to reach police stations in Punjab.
Sushil Kumar was arrested by police for allegedly outraging the modesty of a colleague at Zirakpur in Punjab`s Patiala district, police said.
Meanwhile, police arrested a 21-year-old youth for allegedly raping a minor girl, a student of class 9th, for months together in Muktsar district of Punjab, SSP Surjeet Singh said.
Gagandeep Singh often used to chase the minor and on one evening while she was going to attend tuition classes, he forcefully took her to a house at Kotkapura in Muktsar district and allegedly raped her, he said.
While two men were held for raping a minor girl in Charki Dadri in Bhiwani district, a truck driver was taken into custody for allegedly raping a minor girl at Bhawani Khera in Bhiwani district, police said.
Police have registered a case against a 14-year-old boy for allegedly indulging in lewd acts with a three-year-old girl and her six-year-old brother at Sutalwind in Amritsar district, SHO Parvesh Chopra said.
Sumnadeep Singh and Sandeep Singh were arrested by police for molesting a college girl in Bathinda town, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400