Haryana: Rape cases to be filed without delay
Gurgaon: Police here will henceforth file first information reports (FIRs) against men accused of rape without any delay, an official said on Friday.
This is one of the steps being taken to check rising crimes against women in Gurgaon, a township in Haryana bordering Delhi.
And to monitor heinous crimes against women, a district-level committee has been set up under the chairmanship of Deputy Commissioner PC Meena.
He said the committee will keep a close watch on crimes against women and ensure that there is no delay in such cases at any level.
Meena directed officials to register FIRs promptly if a woman in distress approaches police, and not insist on a "compromise" between the warring parties.
The district attorney will oversee each case and pursue these in district courts. He will ensure speedy trial.
If a rape comes to light, Meena said, a FIR should be lodged against the accused without delay after getting the victim medically examined.
Rather, it would be proper to get a DNA test conducted on both the victim and the accused so that the latter does not escape punishment in a court of law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested