`Haryana residents to be provided Aadhaar cards by 2013`
Chandigarh: Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Thursday said all residents of Haryana would be provided with Aadhaar Cards by March 2013.
As many as 3,000 machines would be used to achieve the target of distributing Aadhaar cards to people of Haryana by March 2013, Hooda said in a meeting with Chairman, Unique Identification Authority of India, Nandan Nilekani here.
Haryana has a population of about 2.53 crore and in the third phase of the project about 1.5 lakh people would be covered daily, he said.
Hooda directed the officials to ensure machines were installed in various districts keeping in view their respective population.
The CM was told in the meeting that Smart Cards were being provided to people of four districts through special camps and tenders would be invited within next 15 days to complete the project in 17 other districts, a release said.
In the meeting, a UIDAI officer apprised Hooda that they would provide technical, financial and any other kind of help required for making Aadhaar Cards, it said
It was also informed that 11 per cent of total population of the state has been covered under second phase of making Aadhaar Cards.
Out of total enrolment of 26 lakh in the state about 22.3 lakh Aadhaar numbers have been generated and 20.2 lakh cards have been delivered to residents.
Meanwhile, Haryana, today, became the first State in north India to disburse student scholarship payments using the Aadhaar-enabled payment system, the release said.
Hooda, in presence of Nilekani, inaugurated the project here.
The beneficiaries were students from Government Senior Secondary School, Durana Village of Ambala-I block.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar