`Haryana residents to be provided Aadhaar cards by 2013`
Chandigarh: Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Thursday said all residents of Haryana would be provided with Aadhaar Cards by March 2013.
As many as 3,000 machines would be used to achieve the target of distributing Aadhaar cards to people of Haryana by March 2013, Hooda said in a meeting with Chairman, Unique Identification Authority of India, Nandan Nilekani here.
Haryana has a population of about 2.53 crore and in the third phase of the project about 1.5 lakh people would be covered daily, he said.
Hooda directed the officials to ensure machines were installed in various districts keeping in view their respective population.
The CM was told in the meeting that Smart Cards were being provided to people of four districts through special camps and tenders would be invited within next 15 days to complete the project in 17 other districts, a release said.
In the meeting, a UIDAI officer apprised Hooda that they would provide technical, financial and any other kind of help required for making Aadhaar Cards, it said
It was also informed that 11 per cent of total population of the state has been covered under second phase of making Aadhaar Cards.
Out of total enrolment of 26 lakh in the state about 22.3 lakh Aadhaar numbers have been generated and 20.2 lakh cards have been delivered to residents.
Meanwhile, Haryana, today, became the first State in north India to disburse student scholarship payments using the Aadhaar-enabled payment system, the release said.
Hooda, in presence of Nilekani, inaugurated the project here.
The beneficiaries were students from Government Senior Secondary School, Durana Village of Ambala-I block.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon