`Haryana residents to be provided Aadhaar cards by 2013`
Chandigarh: Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Thursday said all residents of Haryana would be provided with Aadhaar Cards by March 2013.
As many as 3,000 machines would be used to achieve the target of distributing Aadhaar cards to people of Haryana by March 2013, Hooda said in a meeting with Chairman, Unique Identification Authority of India, Nandan Nilekani here.
Haryana has a population of about 2.53 crore and in the third phase of the project about 1.5 lakh people would be covered daily, he said.
Hooda directed the officials to ensure machines were installed in various districts keeping in view their respective population.
The CM was told in the meeting that Smart Cards were being provided to people of four districts through special camps and tenders would be invited within next 15 days to complete the project in 17 other districts, a release said.
In the meeting, a UIDAI officer apprised Hooda that they would provide technical, financial and any other kind of help required for making Aadhaar Cards, it said
It was also informed that 11 per cent of total population of the state has been covered under second phase of making Aadhaar Cards.
Out of total enrolment of 26 lakh in the state about 22.3 lakh Aadhaar numbers have been generated and 20.2 lakh cards have been delivered to residents.
Meanwhile, Haryana, today, became the first State in north India to disburse student scholarship payments using the Aadhaar-enabled payment system, the release said.
Hooda, in presence of Nilekani, inaugurated the project here.
The beneficiaries were students from Government Senior Secondary School, Durana Village of Ambala-I block.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery