`Haryana residents to be provided Aadhaar cards by 2013`
Chandigarh: Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Thursday said all residents of Haryana would be provided with Aadhaar Cards by March 2013.
As many as 3,000 machines would be used to achieve the target of distributing Aadhaar cards to people of Haryana by March 2013, Hooda said in a meeting with Chairman, Unique Identification Authority of India, Nandan Nilekani here.
Haryana has a population of about 2.53 crore and in the third phase of the project about 1.5 lakh people would be covered daily, he said.
Hooda directed the officials to ensure machines were installed in various districts keeping in view their respective population.
The CM was told in the meeting that Smart Cards were being provided to people of four districts through special camps and tenders would be invited within next 15 days to complete the project in 17 other districts, a release said.
In the meeting, a UIDAI officer apprised Hooda that they would provide technical, financial and any other kind of help required for making Aadhaar Cards, it said
It was also informed that 11 per cent of total population of the state has been covered under second phase of making Aadhaar Cards.
Out of total enrolment of 26 lakh in the state about 22.3 lakh Aadhaar numbers have been generated and 20.2 lakh cards have been delivered to residents.
Meanwhile, Haryana, today, became the first State in north India to disburse student scholarship payments using the Aadhaar-enabled payment system, the release said.
Hooda, in presence of Nilekani, inaugurated the project here.
The beneficiaries were students from Government Senior Secondary School, Durana Village of Ambala-I block.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015