Haryana Roadways` workers strike starts tomorrow
Chandigarh: With drivers and conductors of the Haryana Roadways set for a two-day transport strike starting tomorrow, in support of their demands, the state government tonight said that it has taken all precautionary measures to avoid inconvenience to the public.
All divisional commissioners, range inspector generals and police commissioners as well as deputy commissioners in the state have been asked to take adequate precautionary measures to ensure no inconvenience is caused to the public, a government official said.
The Roadways` employees have been protesting against the state government`s proposal to issue 3519 permits to private operators.
Besides, the transport department, lakhs of employees from various departments of the state government would also participate in the strike demanding regularisation of around one lakh temporary employees.
With a view to ensure services, officials have been asked to take effective steps including imposition of prohibitory orders in vicinity of important installations and places like bus stands, electric and public health installations.
The officials have been directed to deploy sufficient police force including women personnel for protection of important installations and other public properties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'