Haryana Roadways` workers strike starts tomorrow
Chandigarh: With drivers and conductors of the Haryana Roadways set for a two-day transport strike starting tomorrow, in support of their demands, the state government tonight said that it has taken all precautionary measures to avoid inconvenience to the public.
All divisional commissioners, range inspector generals and police commissioners as well as deputy commissioners in the state have been asked to take adequate precautionary measures to ensure no inconvenience is caused to the public, a government official said.
The Roadways` employees have been protesting against the state government`s proposal to issue 3519 permits to private operators.
Besides, the transport department, lakhs of employees from various departments of the state government would also participate in the strike demanding regularisation of around one lakh temporary employees.
With a view to ensure services, officials have been asked to take effective steps including imposition of prohibitory orders in vicinity of important installations and places like bus stands, electric and public health installations.
The officials have been directed to deploy sufficient police force including women personnel for protection of important installations and other public properties.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know