Haryana sanctions Rs 10.5 cr for revival of Saraswati river
Chandigarh: The Haryana government on Thursday
sanctioned Rs 10.5 crore for the project which is working
towards the revival of Saraswati river.
Oil and Natural Gas Commission (ONGC) is carrying out
geo-physical and geoelectric survey for drilling of wells in
association with Kurukshetra University for exploratary
purposes so that traces of the river can be analysed.
Haryana Irrigation Minister Ajay Singh Yadav said here
that it has been decided to drill two wells in the area of
Kalayat or Kapil Muni temple.
He said that Rs 3.75 crore has already been spent for
revival of the rivival of the river which is believed to have
its origin in the vicinity of Adi-Badri at the foothills of
Shivalik ranges in district Yamunanagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons