Haryana sanctions Rs 10.5 cr for revival of Saraswati river
Chandigarh: The Haryana government on Thursday
sanctioned Rs 10.5 crore for the project which is working
towards the revival of Saraswati river.
Oil and Natural Gas Commission (ONGC) is carrying out
geo-physical and geoelectric survey for drilling of wells in
association with Kurukshetra University for exploratary
purposes so that traces of the river can be analysed.
Haryana Irrigation Minister Ajay Singh Yadav said here
that it has been decided to drill two wells in the area of
Kalayat or Kapil Muni temple.
He said that Rs 3.75 crore has already been spent for
revival of the rivival of the river which is believed to have
its origin in the vicinity of Adi-Badri at the foothills of
Shivalik ranges in district Yamunanagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday