Haryana saw lesser number of rapes in 2012
Chandigarh: The number of rape cases last year in Haryana, where a spate of such incidents in September and October 2012 had led to nation-wide outrage, was less as compared to previous two years.
Number of rape cases registered last year stood at 686 as against 733 in 2011 and 720 in 2010, the state assembly was informed on Tuesday.
As many as 61 rape cases were registered in January this year, it was told. The state also witnessed a decrease in number of murder cases last year, which stood at 991 as against 1,062 in 2011 and 1,005 in 2010.
However, the number of suicides went up last year at 275 as against 239 and 217 in 2011 and 2010, respectively. There was also a marginal increase last year in comparison with the previous two years in cases of bail jumping, theft, kidnapping for ransom, corruption cases, dacoity, robbery and bank robbery cases and in cases pertaining to economic offences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media