Haryana school closed due to anti-rape protests
Jind: A government school in Jind remained closed for the third consecutive day today after the matter of its teacher raping a class IX student at gunpoint came to light.
Villagers protested outside the school gate and did not allow it to be opened, police said.
Officials, who reached the spot to pacify the villagers, said that apart from the accused, the school principal has also been arrested and the entire staff has been transferred.
The 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped by Rajinder Singh several times during the last one month at gunpoint.
On May 16, the accused was arrested following a complaint lodged by the victim`s parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees