Haryana school closed due to anti-rape protests
Jind: A government school in Jind remained closed for the third consecutive day today after the matter of its teacher raping a class IX student at gunpoint came to light.
Villagers protested outside the school gate and did not allow it to be opened, police said.
Officials, who reached the spot to pacify the villagers, said that apart from the accused, the school principal has also been arrested and the entire staff has been transferred.
The 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped by Rajinder Singh several times during the last one month at gunpoint.
On May 16, the accused was arrested following a complaint lodged by the victim`s parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH