Haryana school closed due to anti-rape protests
Jind: A government school in Jind remained closed for the third consecutive day today after the matter of its teacher raping a class IX student at gunpoint came to light.
Villagers protested outside the school gate and did not allow it to be opened, police said.
Officials, who reached the spot to pacify the villagers, said that apart from the accused, the school principal has also been arrested and the entire staff has been transferred.
The 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped by Rajinder Singh several times during the last one month at gunpoint.
On May 16, the accused was arrested following a complaint lodged by the victim`s parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone