Haryana: Senior cops to discuss law and order
Chandigarh: After the state witnessing a spurt in crime against women, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has called up a meeting of senior police officials to discuss over the situation of law and order.
The officials called for Friday’s meeting include IGs of Hisar, Rohtak, Karnal and South Zone (Rewari) ranges.
Earlier on Wednesday, the government had decided to set up a round-the-clock women helpline, an announcement of which was made by DGP RS Dalal during a meeting with officials.
"A special monitoring cell under ADGP (Law and Order) has been set up at Police Headquarters to whom all district police chiefs will report the progress of the day between 10.30 pm to 11.30 pm daily," he said during the meeting.
Dalal had also reviewed implementation of various directives issued to check increasing cases of crime against women.
As many as 15 cases of sexual assault have been reported from the state during the past one month, including those on teenage girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman