Haryana: Senior cops to discuss law and order
Chandigarh: After the state witnessing a spurt in crime against women, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has called up a meeting of senior police officials to discuss over the situation of law and order.
The officials called for Friday’s meeting include IGs of Hisar, Rohtak, Karnal and South Zone (Rewari) ranges.
Earlier on Wednesday, the government had decided to set up a round-the-clock women helpline, an announcement of which was made by DGP RS Dalal during a meeting with officials.
"A special monitoring cell under ADGP (Law and Order) has been set up at Police Headquarters to whom all district police chiefs will report the progress of the day between 10.30 pm to 11.30 pm daily," he said during the meeting.
Dalal had also reviewed implementation of various directives issued to check increasing cases of crime against women.
As many as 15 cases of sexual assault have been reported from the state during the past one month, including those on teenage girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read