Haryana: Senior cops to discuss law and order
Chandigarh: After the state witnessing a spurt in crime against women, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has called up a meeting of senior police officials to discuss over the situation of law and order.
The officials called for Friday’s meeting include IGs of Hisar, Rohtak, Karnal and South Zone (Rewari) ranges.
Earlier on Wednesday, the government had decided to set up a round-the-clock women helpline, an announcement of which was made by DGP RS Dalal during a meeting with officials.
"A special monitoring cell under ADGP (Law and Order) has been set up at Police Headquarters to whom all district police chiefs will report the progress of the day between 10.30 pm to 11.30 pm daily," he said during the meeting.
Dalal had also reviewed implementation of various directives issued to check increasing cases of crime against women.
As many as 15 cases of sexual assault have been reported from the state during the past one month, including those on teenage girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price