Haryana sets up panel for Food Security Act
Chandigarh: Haryana government has set up a state vigilance committee for regular supervision of the implementation of all schemes under the National Food Security Act 2013, an official spokesperson said today.
The committee, constituted under the chairmanship of state food and supplies minister, would inform the District Grievance Redressal Officer, in writing, of any violation of the provisions of the act and also of any malpractice or misappropriation of funds found by it, a spokesman today.
For these purposes the state vigilance committee could nominate any officer or team of officers working in any department, board or corporation in the State as inquiry officers or team, he said.
He said that the Director General, Food and Supplies Department, would be the Member Secretary of the Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress