Haryana Sikhs not in favour of separate SGPC, claims Makkar
Ambala: SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar
today claimed that Sikhs in Haryana had discarded the idea of
a separate religious body for themselves and also the self-
styled chief of its ad hoc committee Jagdish Singh Jhinda.
"Jhinda had claimed that the majority of Sikhs in Haryana
had been supporting the move for a separate SGPC but his jail
bharo (court arrest) agitation on September 15 flopped
totally. It is an indication that Sikhs are not in favour of
any division in SGPC," Makkar told reporters here.
Claiming that Sikhs all over the world acknowledged the
dominance of SGPC, he said Jhinda`s supporters had failed to
take over the control of even a single gurudwara in Haryana.
Replying to a question, he said he is now focusing on
Haryana in view of the forthcoming SGPC elections and claimed
that Jhinda would not be able to retain even a single seat for
SGPC in Haryana this time.
Eleven members are elected to the SGPC from Haryana out
of which eight are Jhinda supporters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!