Haryana Speaker hits out at Bishnoi, calls him `fu
Chandigarh: Haryana Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma on Sunday triggered a row by dubbing Hisar MP and Haryana Janhit Congress President Kuldeep Bishnoi as a "fukra" (loafer).
"Bishnoi had said if the Speaker does not decide (the disqualification case soon), he will go to jail. That shows his shallowness, hollowness, lack of education and his upbringing. It shows he is a fukra," the Speaker said.
He was addressing a news conference here after quashing disqualification petitions against five HJC MLAs, who had extended a crucial prop to the Hooda government in 2009.
Launching a sharp attack on Bishnoi, son of late Chief Minister Bhajan Lal, the Speaker said, "Bishnoi calls (Rohtak MP and Chief Minister Hooda`s son) Deepinder Hooda a chap who has a lot to learn from him (Hisar MP), he says what is Speaker, he will go to jail, check his (Speaker`s) degree.
"After hearing him, I have come to know what a fukra is, he (Bishnoi) is an embodiment of fukrapanti. He is shallow, builds castles in the air. His character is that of a master defector."
In unusually stinging remarks against Bishnoi, Sharma said he had "defected" from Congress.
"He is son of a defector (late Bhajan Lal). He (Bishnoi) wants to hear all this. Chaudhary Bhajan Lal is no more, I wanted to refrain from saying all this, but may be he will understand in this language. His father defected in 1979 and started Aya Ram Gaya Ram politics in the state.
"Bishnoi has no answer to charges of corruption and moral turpitude," he said.
In a separate press conference, Bishnoi refuted the Speaker`s allegations and said he may file a defamation suit after going through the CD of today`s news conference.
As to why he had chosen this day to launch the frontal attack on Bishnoi, the Speaker said, "I was sitting over this judgement, so I had refrained from saying this. Like Lord Krishna, I waited for 101 abuses before replying."
Asked how he thought today`s decision would change the course of state`s politics, he said, "this is for those to reply who will do politics on this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note