Haryana starts electronic transfer of pensions
Chandigarh:To eliminate unnecessary channels, the Haryana government on Wednesday started electronic disbursal of pension under various social security schemes.
On Wednesday 6,067 gram panchayats and 85 municipalities started disbursing the pension amount for the month of July to over 20.63 lakh beneficiaries electronically.
In a release here, Haryana`s Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Geeta Bhukkal said the disbursement system had been simplified and the database of pensioners had been upgraded.
The pension amount from now on would be directly transferred to dedicated accounts of 6,067 gram panchayats and 85 municipalities on the first day of every month, the minister said.
A directory of account holders and bank representatives to monitor disbursement from the headquarters had been prepared, Bhukkal said.
At present, 45,886 beneficiaries are availing benefits under the old age pension scheme and 13,982 under other pension schemes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India