Haryana takes steps to curb incidents of eve-teasing
Chandigarh: To curb incidents of eve-teasing in and around campuses of technical institutes in Haryana, the government has instructed colleges to post guards and install CCTV cameras at main entrance gates, among others.
The Heads of all technical educational institutions have been asked to make arrangements to depute staff at the main gates of the institutions during its opening and closing hours, a spokesman of the Haryana Technical Education Department said here today.
"CCTV cameras would be installed at gates of educational institutions and in the campus and classrooms," the spokesman said.
Deputy Commissioner, Superintendent of Police and Station House Officer of the area would be urged to arrange for PCR vehicles to be stationed near educational institutions during opening and closing hours and police patrolling would be intensified near the colleges, he said.
He said they will also set up a woman grievance cell with senior women faculty as members.
"A suggestion or complaint box would be kept at a convenient place, so that students may submit their grievances or complaints," he said.
The spokesman said they have also been asked to ensure that information regarding awareness for protection of women against eve-teasing and any other form of sexual harassment is displayed on the notice boards of the institution and hostels.
Helpline numbers will also be displayed on the hoardings for reporting any incident of eve-teasing, he said.
In case of failure to curb such incidents in and around their respective institutions, responsibility of the Head of the institution and management would be fixed, he said.
"The faculty would be deputed to classrooms during free periods to ensure that no girl is allowed to sit alone in classrooms during free periods and a separate girls common room is made functional in the institution," he said.
The spokesman also said as per these instructions, one male or female official duly armed with a wireless set or mobile phone would be deputed in vehicles carrying working women or girl students.
He said a written communication in t
his regard has been sent to Registrars of Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar, Deenbandhu Chottu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal, YMCA University of Science and Technology, Faridabad, Director-Principals of all government, government aided, self financing under-graduate and post-graduate technical institutions in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?