Haryana takes steps to curb incidents of eve-teasing
Chandigarh: To curb incidents of eve-teasing in and around campuses of technical institutes in Haryana, the government has instructed colleges to post guards and install CCTV cameras at main entrance gates, among others.
The Heads of all technical educational institutions have been asked to make arrangements to depute staff at the main gates of the institutions during its opening and closing hours, a spokesman of the Haryana Technical Education Department said here today.
"CCTV cameras would be installed at gates of educational institutions and in the campus and classrooms," the spokesman said.
Deputy Commissioner, Superintendent of Police and Station House Officer of the area would be urged to arrange for PCR vehicles to be stationed near educational institutions during opening and closing hours and police patrolling would be intensified near the colleges, he said.
He said they will also set up a woman grievance cell with senior women faculty as members.
"A suggestion or complaint box would be kept at a convenient place, so that students may submit their grievances or complaints," he said.
The spokesman said they have also been asked to ensure that information regarding awareness for protection of women against eve-teasing and any other form of sexual harassment is displayed on the notice boards of the institution and hostels.
Helpline numbers will also be displayed on the hoardings for reporting any incident of eve-teasing, he said.
In case of failure to curb such incidents in and around their respective institutions, responsibility of the Head of the institution and management would be fixed, he said.
"The faculty would be deputed to classrooms during free periods to ensure that no girl is allowed to sit alone in classrooms during free periods and a separate girls common room is made functional in the institution," he said.
The spokesman also said as per these instructions, one male or female official duly armed with a wireless set or mobile phone would be deputed in vehicles carrying working women or girl students.
He said a written communication in t
his regard has been sent to Registrars of Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar, Deenbandhu Chottu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal, YMCA University of Science and Technology, Faridabad, Director-Principals of all government, government aided, self financing under-graduate and post-graduate technical institutions in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins