Haryana to bear treatment expenses of rape victim
Rewari: The Haryana Government announced on Saturday that it will bear the entire expenses spent on the treatment of the girl, who was allegedly raped by her relative here in November last year.
Rewari Deputy Commissioner C G Rajini Kaanthan told reporters here that the state government will bear all the treatment expenses of the girl, belonging to the city.
He said that he had received instructions from Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda in this regard.
The 18-year-old girl was raped by her Delhi-based relative identified as Deepak (23) on November 3, 2012.
However, soon after the sexual assault when the girl tried to flee, the accused fired a bullet from his pistol which hit the victim in her chest and got stuck there.
Subsequently the doctors, who provided treatment to the girl, opined that the removal of the bullet could endanger her life. The bullet had been lying stuck in her chest till date.
Kaanthan further said they are now consulting specialists who are expected to remove bullet from her chest without endangering her life.
Meanwhile, the city police, which had already arrested the accused, produced him in a local court yesterday which remanded him in 14-day judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city