Haryana to develop Gur, Faridabad, Sonipat in NCR
New Delhi: Haryana plans to develop other
towns like Gurgaon, Faridabad, Bahadurgarh and Sonipat on par
with Delhi under its sub-regional plan of the National Capital
This was stated by Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh
Hooda at the second meeting of the sub-committee of National
Development Council (NDC) on urbanisation at Vigyan Bhawan,
here on Monday.
Hooda said the draft report proposes strategies for
balanced development of the NCR so as to enable economic
development of the central NCR towns on par with Delhi.
"Haryana Government accords high priority to urban
development and as such the budget provision for Urban Sector
has been increased from Rs 4,434 crore in 2010-11 to Rs 6,917
crore in 2011-12," Hooda said.
He also said that Haryana government agrees with most of
the recommendations of the NDC Sub-Committee on Urbanisation.
However, in the formulation of Model Municipal Law, devolution
of powers, responsibilities and functions to the local
governments and communities should be left to state
governments, as the local issues of every state and urban
local bodies are different.
Haryana, he said, has already prepared City Development
Plans (CDP) for 74 towns of Haryana but sought Centre`s help
to cover the needs of infrastructure, including roads, drains,
water supply, sewerage etc., which required a huge investment
of Rs 12,346 crore.
Hooda said that Haryana Government has already notified
Policy on Public Private Partnership (PPP).
One of the key features of this policy is to establish
"Haryana Infrastructure Fund" for building the required
infrastructure, he said, adding that the Centre may make
adequate provisions in the 12th Five Year Plan for providing
Viability Gap Funding (VGF) for PPP projects. He also sought
enhancement in the VGF ceiling of 20 per cent.
Hooda stressed on the need to constitute an Urban
Management Transport Authority for NCR so as to ensure an
integrated transport planning. Haryana, he said, is the first
state in the country to implement a metro project in Gurgaon
through private investment.
He said for faster and modern urban transport facilities,
including metros and Regional Rapid Transit Systems (RRTS) in
the NCR cities are being actively considered and two priority
corridors of RRTS - Delhi-Sonipat-Panipat and Delhi-Gurgaon-
Alwar are highly capital intensive and asked Urban Development
ministry to fund the same as the state was unable to do so.
Regarding provision of Metro services in the NCR area of
Haryana Sub-Region, Hooda said that the work for extending
Metro from Badarpur to YMCA chowk Faridabad will commence
For extending Delhi Metro from Mundka (Delhi) to
Bahadurgarh in Haryana, he said, it has already been decided
that the Delhi portion of this project would be taken up in
the supplementary part of Metro Phase-III, which needs to be
For connecting IGI Airport New Delhi to IFFCO Chowk,
Gurgaon via Dwarka, a scheme of high speed Metro Rail
connectivity has been prepared with the help of Delhi Metro
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'