Haryana to develop Gur, Faridabad, Sonipat in NCR
New Delhi: Haryana plans to develop other
towns like Gurgaon, Faridabad, Bahadurgarh and Sonipat on par
with Delhi under its sub-regional plan of the National Capital
This was stated by Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh
Hooda at the second meeting of the sub-committee of National
Development Council (NDC) on urbanisation at Vigyan Bhawan,
here on Monday.
Hooda said the draft report proposes strategies for
balanced development of the NCR so as to enable economic
development of the central NCR towns on par with Delhi.
"Haryana Government accords high priority to urban
development and as such the budget provision for Urban Sector
has been increased from Rs 4,434 crore in 2010-11 to Rs 6,917
crore in 2011-12," Hooda said.
He also said that Haryana government agrees with most of
the recommendations of the NDC Sub-Committee on Urbanisation.
However, in the formulation of Model Municipal Law, devolution
of powers, responsibilities and functions to the local
governments and communities should be left to state
governments, as the local issues of every state and urban
local bodies are different.
Haryana, he said, has already prepared City Development
Plans (CDP) for 74 towns of Haryana but sought Centre`s help
to cover the needs of infrastructure, including roads, drains,
water supply, sewerage etc., which required a huge investment
of Rs 12,346 crore.
Hooda said that Haryana Government has already notified
Policy on Public Private Partnership (PPP).
One of the key features of this policy is to establish
"Haryana Infrastructure Fund" for building the required
infrastructure, he said, adding that the Centre may make
adequate provisions in the 12th Five Year Plan for providing
Viability Gap Funding (VGF) for PPP projects. He also sought
enhancement in the VGF ceiling of 20 per cent.
Hooda stressed on the need to constitute an Urban
Management Transport Authority for NCR so as to ensure an
integrated transport planning. Haryana, he said, is the first
state in the country to implement a metro project in Gurgaon
through private investment.
He said for faster and modern urban transport facilities,
including metros and Regional Rapid Transit Systems (RRTS) in
the NCR cities are being actively considered and two priority
corridors of RRTS - Delhi-Sonipat-Panipat and Delhi-Gurgaon-
Alwar are highly capital intensive and asked Urban Development
ministry to fund the same as the state was unable to do so.
Regarding provision of Metro services in the NCR area of
Haryana Sub-Region, Hooda said that the work for extending
Metro from Badarpur to YMCA chowk Faridabad will commence
For extending Delhi Metro from Mundka (Delhi) to
Bahadurgarh in Haryana, he said, it has already been decided
that the Delhi portion of this project would be taken up in
the supplementary part of Metro Phase-III, which needs to be
For connecting IGI Airport New Delhi to IFFCO Chowk,
Gurgaon via Dwarka, a scheme of high speed Metro Rail
connectivity has been prepared with the help of Delhi Metro
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in