Haryana to give 10% reservation in govt jobs
Chandigarh: Haryana government will provide 10 per cent reservation in jobs under government undertakings, local bodies and educational institutions for economically backward persons in general category.
Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Minister Geeta Bhukkal on Friday said the Haryana government has issued a notification in this regard.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had on January 23 said the state government had approved the proposal for 10 per cent reservation to "economically backward classes" in general category, as recommended by the Haryana Backward Classes Commission.
Bhukkal said the criteria for "economically backward" states that total annual income of the family of the applicant should not cumulatively exceed Rs 2.50 lakh per annum from all sources including agricultural income.
She said the state government has also declared the classes of people namely Bishnoi, Jat, Jat Sikh, Ror and Tyagi, residing in the state, as Special Backward Classes.
The state government has also provided 10 per cent reservation in jobs for these `Special Backward Classes` in exclusion to the already notified 27 per cent reservation provided to the Other Backward Classes, she said.
For providing the benefit of reservation to Special Backward Classes, the criteria would be the same as is applicable to Other Backward Classes in the state and other instructions issued by the government from time to time, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy