Haryana to give 10% reservation in govt jobs
Chandigarh: Haryana government will provide 10 per cent reservation in jobs under government undertakings, local bodies and educational institutions for economically backward persons in general category.
Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Minister Geeta Bhukkal on Friday said the Haryana government has issued a notification in this regard.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had on January 23 said the state government had approved the proposal for 10 per cent reservation to "economically backward classes" in general category, as recommended by the Haryana Backward Classes Commission.
Bhukkal said the criteria for "economically backward" states that total annual income of the family of the applicant should not cumulatively exceed Rs 2.50 lakh per annum from all sources including agricultural income.
She said the state government has also declared the classes of people namely Bishnoi, Jat, Jat Sikh, Ror and Tyagi, residing in the state, as Special Backward Classes.
The state government has also provided 10 per cent reservation in jobs for these `Special Backward Classes` in exclusion to the already notified 27 per cent reservation provided to the Other Backward Classes, she said.
For providing the benefit of reservation to Special Backward Classes, the criteria would be the same as is applicable to Other Backward Classes in the state and other instructions issued by the government from time to time, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report