Haryana to give 10% reservation in govt jobs
Chandigarh: Haryana government will provide 10 per cent reservation in jobs under government undertakings, local bodies and educational institutions for economically backward persons in general category.
Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Minister Geeta Bhukkal on Friday said the Haryana government has issued a notification in this regard.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had on January 23 said the state government had approved the proposal for 10 per cent reservation to "economically backward classes" in general category, as recommended by the Haryana Backward Classes Commission.
Bhukkal said the criteria for "economically backward" states that total annual income of the family of the applicant should not cumulatively exceed Rs 2.50 lakh per annum from all sources including agricultural income.
She said the state government has also declared the classes of people namely Bishnoi, Jat, Jat Sikh, Ror and Tyagi, residing in the state, as Special Backward Classes.
The state government has also provided 10 per cent reservation in jobs for these `Special Backward Classes` in exclusion to the already notified 27 per cent reservation provided to the Other Backward Classes, she said.
For providing the benefit of reservation to Special Backward Classes, the criteria would be the same as is applicable to Other Backward Classes in the state and other instructions issued by the government from time to time, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam