Haryana to give 10% reservation in govt jobs
Chandigarh: Haryana government will provide 10 per cent reservation in jobs under government undertakings, local bodies and educational institutions for economically backward persons in general category.
Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Minister Geeta Bhukkal on Friday said the Haryana government has issued a notification in this regard.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had on January 23 said the state government had approved the proposal for 10 per cent reservation to "economically backward classes" in general category, as recommended by the Haryana Backward Classes Commission.
Bhukkal said the criteria for "economically backward" states that total annual income of the family of the applicant should not cumulatively exceed Rs 2.50 lakh per annum from all sources including agricultural income.
She said the state government has also declared the classes of people namely Bishnoi, Jat, Jat Sikh, Ror and Tyagi, residing in the state, as Special Backward Classes.
The state government has also provided 10 per cent reservation in jobs for these `Special Backward Classes` in exclusion to the already notified 27 per cent reservation provided to the Other Backward Classes, she said.
For providing the benefit of reservation to Special Backward Classes, the criteria would be the same as is applicable to Other Backward Classes in the state and other instructions issued by the government from time to time, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations