Haryana to give cash award to gallantry awardees
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on day said his government will give one time cash
award to the War Time and Peace Time Gallantry Awardees
of the personnel of the Para Military Forces and police with
effect from January one, 2006.
Hooda said Ashok Chakra winners would be given Rs 17 lakh,
Kirti Chakra winners Rs 10 lakh, Shaurya Chakra awardees Rs 7
lakh, Sena Medal (Gallantry) Rs 3.50 lakh and Police Medal
(Gallantry) winners Rs 1.50 lakh as cash award.
Meanwhile, Finance Minister Ajay Singh Yadav said that
award money would be sanctioned in respect of those para-
military forces and police personnel who were the domicile of
Haryana state at the time of joining the paramilitary forces
and police and continued to be the domicile of Haryana at the
time of notification of the award and continued to be the
domicile of Haryana permanently till date.
He said that in case the award was given posthumously, the
spouse of the awardees would be given 50 per cent of the award
money provided he or she does not re-marry after the death of
Parents would be given 50 per cent of the award money in
equal shares. Step mother and step father would not be
entitled to get the award money, he added.
The Finance Minister pointed out in case the awardee dies
unmarried, the parents would be entitled to get the 100 per
cent award money in equal share as 50:50 basis but step
mother and step father would not be entitled to get the award
No other family member or next of kin would be entitled to
the award money.
The award winner would be entitled to claim the award
within three years from the date of notification of the award
and thereafter the time-barred claims would not be considered
for grant of award money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof