Haryana to have its own nutrition policy
Chandigarh: The Haryana government will formulate an integrated nutrition policy to check malnutrition among women and children, especially those from vulnerable sections of the society.
The mission statement of the proposed policy will be "Healthy Haryana through Eradication of Malnutrition", an official release quoting state Chief Secretary P K Chaudhary said Wednesday.
Chaudhary, while chairing a meeting of the State Nutrition Council here, said a separate nutrition cell will also be set up to maintain health standards among vulnerable sections of the society including children, adolescent girls and women.
All concerned departments have been asked to send their detailed action plan in this regard within a period of 15 days, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’