Haryana to have its own nutrition policy
Chandigarh: The Haryana government will formulate an integrated nutrition policy to check malnutrition among women and children, especially those from vulnerable sections of the society.
The mission statement of the proposed policy will be "Healthy Haryana through Eradication of Malnutrition", an official release quoting state Chief Secretary P K Chaudhary said Wednesday.
Chaudhary, while chairing a meeting of the State Nutrition Council here, said a separate nutrition cell will also be set up to maintain health standards among vulnerable sections of the society including children, adolescent girls and women.
All concerned departments have been asked to send their detailed action plan in this regard within a period of 15 days, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites