Haryana to have nuclear energy centre
Chandigarh: The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) will set up a Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership in the adjoining villages of Jasaur Kheri and Kheri Jasaur in Haryana`s Jhajjar district, officials said Saturday.
The centre`s project director, GP Srivastav, and other DAE officials visited the site Friday to inspect it.
Srivastav said four schools will open in the centre to study nuclear security, radiological conservation, use of radio-stopes and radiation techniques, and nuclear energy plant.
Jhajjar Deputy Commissioner Chander Parkash said the centre would come up in an area of 206 acres and the district administration would extend all help in establishing it.
Haryana is also seeking a nuclear power plant for the state and has offered land in Fatehabad district.
Officials of the Nuclear Power Corp (NPC) of India visited the Fatehabad site, located in villages Gorakhpur and Kumharia. The proposed nuclear power plant will have a capacity of 2,800 MW.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi