Haryana to have one-stop crisis centre for sexual assault victims
Chandigarh: To assist women who are victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, the Haryana government will set up of two crisis centres in the state.
These One Stop Crisis Centre (OSCC) will set up in Badshah Khan Hospital at Faridabad and General Hospital in Gurgaon, officials said.
The centres, which will remain open round-the clock with duty doctors and police personnel available at any time, will not only provide medical facility but also other support services such as legal aid, police services and counselling under one roof.
It will be headed by a coordinator, who will be a senior doctor of the hospital where the centre is located. Besides, there would be a team of around eight to ten persons consisting of a counsellor, one police officer, one lawyer, two on-duty doctors, support staff like nurses, helpers, sweepers, etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands