Haryana to have one-stop crisis centre for sexual assault victims
Chandigarh: To assist women who are victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, the Haryana government will set up of two crisis centres in the state.
These One Stop Crisis Centre (OSCC) will set up in Badshah Khan Hospital at Faridabad and General Hospital in Gurgaon, officials said.
The centres, which will remain open round-the clock with duty doctors and police personnel available at any time, will not only provide medical facility but also other support services such as legal aid, police services and counselling under one roof.
It will be headed by a coordinator, who will be a senior doctor of the hospital where the centre is located. Besides, there would be a team of around eight to ten persons consisting of a counsellor, one police officer, one lawyer, two on-duty doctors, support staff like nurses, helpers, sweepers, etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing