Haryana to help students of 1,372 private schools facing closure
Chandigarh: To ensure the future of thousands of students is not put in jeopardy due to the closure of 1,372 private unrecognized schools in the state, the Haryana government Tuesday said students of these schools will be enrolled elsewhere.
State Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal said the government was taking steps to ensure that the education of the students of private unrecognized schools would not be affected as they would be enrolled in other recognized private schools or government schools.
"About 1,372 private unrecognized schools are facing closure due to the directions of Punjab and Haryana High Court and they have not applied for the recognition from the state government," she said.
"Responsibility of district officers has been fixed and they would ensure that every child gets admitted in either any private school or aided or any government schools. We will make sure that all these students are accommodated and their studies would not be affected in any way."
The Haryana education department had recently served notices to close down all private schools, without the prescribed recognition certificate, in the state.
"Despite issuing show cause notice by the education department as per directions of the court, the managements of these schools have not applied for recognition from the government," said a government spokesman.
Bhukkal said that the state government would soon submit its report to the high court on the closure of the schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog