Haryana to increase kitchen capacity under mid-day meal scheme
Chandigarh: Haryana government has issued directions to increase capacity of kitchens and stores and purchase of proper storage containers for ongoing mid-day meal scheme in the state`s schools.
Speaking at Jhajjar today, state Education and Women and Child Development minister Geeta Bhukkal said mid-day meal scheme is being implemented efficiently and children are being provided with balanced diet in all government and government-aided schools and she was herself monitoring the scheme by visiting schools.
"As many as 16 dishes have been included in the menu of schools and Anganwari Centres now. Initially it consisted of only two or three dishes," she said.
Directions have been issued to Education and Women and Child Development department officials to continuously keep a tab on food items being provided under mid-day meal scheme and to receive foodgrains from Hafed and Food Corporation of India after properly checking them, Bhukkal said.
School management committees would also check the quality of mid-day meals, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- If you survive in Mumbai cricket, you get rewarded: Shardul Thakur on maiden Test call-up
- Shah Rukh Khan remembers his school days, wonders how time has changed! Details inside
- Rio Olympics: Sachin Tendulkar meets wrestlers ahead of quadrennial event, boosts morale
- IPL 2016: Shane Watson reprimanded for using offensive language during match against Delhi Daredevils
- Photo alert! Aamir Khan dines with 'X-Men' star Ian McKellen