Haryana to increase kitchen capacity under mid-day meal scheme
Chandigarh: Haryana government has issued directions to increase capacity of kitchens and stores and purchase of proper storage containers for ongoing mid-day meal scheme in the state`s schools.
Speaking at Jhajjar today, state Education and Women and Child Development minister Geeta Bhukkal said mid-day meal scheme is being implemented efficiently and children are being provided with balanced diet in all government and government-aided schools and she was herself monitoring the scheme by visiting schools.
"As many as 16 dishes have been included in the menu of schools and Anganwari Centres now. Initially it consisted of only two or three dishes," she said.
Directions have been issued to Education and Women and Child Development department officials to continuously keep a tab on food items being provided under mid-day meal scheme and to receive foodgrains from Hafed and Food Corporation of India after properly checking them, Bhukkal said.
School management committees would also check the quality of mid-day meals, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list