Haryana to increase kitchen capacity under mid-day meal scheme
Chandigarh: Haryana government has issued directions to increase capacity of kitchens and stores and purchase of proper storage containers for ongoing mid-day meal scheme in the state`s schools.
Speaking at Jhajjar today, state Education and Women and Child Development minister Geeta Bhukkal said mid-day meal scheme is being implemented efficiently and children are being provided with balanced diet in all government and government-aided schools and she was herself monitoring the scheme by visiting schools.
"As many as 16 dishes have been included in the menu of schools and Anganwari Centres now. Initially it consisted of only two or three dishes," she said.
Directions have been issued to Education and Women and Child Development department officials to continuously keep a tab on food items being provided under mid-day meal scheme and to receive foodgrains from Hafed and Food Corporation of India after properly checking them, Bhukkal said.
School management committees would also check the quality of mid-day meals, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!