Haryana to increase kitchen capacity under mid-day meal scheme
Chandigarh: Haryana government has issued directions to increase capacity of kitchens and stores and purchase of proper storage containers for ongoing mid-day meal scheme in the state`s schools.
Speaking at Jhajjar today, state Education and Women and Child Development minister Geeta Bhukkal said mid-day meal scheme is being implemented efficiently and children are being provided with balanced diet in all government and government-aided schools and she was herself monitoring the scheme by visiting schools.
"As many as 16 dishes have been included in the menu of schools and Anganwari Centres now. Initially it consisted of only two or three dishes," she said.
Directions have been issued to Education and Women and Child Development department officials to continuously keep a tab on food items being provided under mid-day meal scheme and to receive foodgrains from Hafed and Food Corporation of India after properly checking them, Bhukkal said.
School management committees would also check the quality of mid-day meals, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town