Haryana to increase kitchen capacity under mid-day meal scheme
Chandigarh: Haryana government has issued directions to increase capacity of kitchens and stores and purchase of proper storage containers for ongoing mid-day meal scheme in the state`s schools.
Speaking at Jhajjar today, state Education and Women and Child Development minister Geeta Bhukkal said mid-day meal scheme is being implemented efficiently and children are being provided with balanced diet in all government and government-aided schools and she was herself monitoring the scheme by visiting schools.
"As many as 16 dishes have been included in the menu of schools and Anganwari Centres now. Initially it consisted of only two or three dishes," she said.
Directions have been issued to Education and Women and Child Development department officials to continuously keep a tab on food items being provided under mid-day meal scheme and to receive foodgrains from Hafed and Food Corporation of India after properly checking them, Bhukkal said.
School management committees would also check the quality of mid-day meals, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates