Haryana to launch policy to invite donations for govt schools
Chandigarh: Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda will launch a new policy under which interested donors can contribute funds or other items to strengthen government schools in the state. A decision to this effect was taken in a meeting held here under the chairmanship of Hooda today, according to an official release.
The policy would facilitate individuals, especially alumni, organisations and institutions to contribute in cash or kind to strengthen government schools in the state, thus enhancing community participation.
It would also minimise urban and rural disparities, the release said, adding that it was informed in the meeting that maximum publicity of the policy would be carried out through social media so as to reach a large number of donors who want to connect with community schooling.
A donor can choose the school and the kind of donation he wants to make. Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal informed the meeting that people and organisations contact the education department and show keen interest in making donations.
After the implementation of the policy, one can donate any item required in a particular school or one may also adopt a school for all-round development.
She said the state has about 15,000 government primary and high schools catering to the educational needs of about 27 lakh children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies
- Check out five stunning Instagram photos of ‘Mohenjo Daro’ beauty Pooja Hegde
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 likely to be launched today
- Kabir Khan shares pic of stunning location where Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will begin