Haryana to map red light colonies
Chandigarh: All the red light colonies in Haryana will be mapped in order to reach out to the children in the age group of 0-18 years living there, a top official said on Wednesday.
Sumita Misra, director general, women and child development department, said the District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) have the responsibility to map all red light colonies and prepare a block-wise plan for identifying sex workers` children and reach out to them.
Misra, also member secretary of Haryana State Child Protection Society, said the DCPUs will find structures for running day and night centres, which will be either abandoned buildings, improvised rooftops of existing school buildings, parks or community halls, to create facilities for education, sports, cultural activities and counselling for the children of sex workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi