Haryana to provide 2.5 kg pulses per month to BPL families
Chandigarh: Besides implementing the Food Security ordinance in the state, the Haryana government on Wednesday decided to provide 2.5 kg of pulses per month at a subsidised rate to BPL families.
2.5 kg pulses per month at a subsidised rate of Rs 20 per kg will be provided to every BPL family for meeting their nutritional needs, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said here.
The decision would benefit about 12.84 lakh BPL families in the state and ensure nutritional supplement to the beneficiaries, he said, adding the decision would be implemented from August 20, the birth anniversary of late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
The state government has decided not to recover property tax till the committee constituted under chairmanship of state Parliamentary Affairs minister Randeep Singh Surjewala to rationalise property taxes, submits its report, he said.
The decision has also been taken in view of several representations made by people regarding rationalisation of property tax and the committee would submit its report within a month`s time, he said.
However, some people have already deposited property tax and if they had made excess payment, it would be adjusted in future, Hood said.
The committee has been constituted to rationalise property tax on both residential and commercial properties situated in various municipal areas of the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!