Haryana to recruit over 19,000 PG teachers
Chandigarh: To overcome the shortage of teaching staff, the Haryana government has decided to recruit 19,902 post-graduate teachers for its schools across the state.
Recruitment for the newly sanctioned posts will be made on the pattern of Kendriya Vidyalayas run by the Central government, an official release quoting Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal said here on Saturday.
The government has also decided to set up a training institute in Jhajjar to impart necessary skills among the teachers before they join services.
Besides imparting pre-service and in-service training, it will run a four-year integrated degree course in the disciplines of Arts, Science and Commerce.
The minister said due to consistent efforts by the state government, Haryana`s gross enrolment ratio has reached to about 20.13 per cent as compared to the National average of of 19.40 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?