Haryana to recruit over 19,000 PG teachers
Chandigarh: To overcome the shortage of teaching staff, the Haryana government has decided to recruit 19,902 post-graduate teachers for its schools across the state.
Recruitment for the newly sanctioned posts will be made on the pattern of Kendriya Vidyalayas run by the Central government, an official release quoting Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal said here on Saturday.
The government has also decided to set up a training institute in Jhajjar to impart necessary skills among the teachers before they join services.
Besides imparting pre-service and in-service training, it will run a four-year integrated degree course in the disciplines of Arts, Science and Commerce.
The minister said due to consistent efforts by the state government, Haryana`s gross enrolment ratio has reached to about 20.13 per cent as compared to the National average of of 19.40 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends