Haryana to recruit over 19,000 PG teachers
Chandigarh: To overcome the shortage of teaching staff, the Haryana government has decided to recruit 19,902 post-graduate teachers for its schools across the state.
Recruitment for the newly sanctioned posts will be made on the pattern of Kendriya Vidyalayas run by the Central government, an official release quoting Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal said here on Saturday.
The government has also decided to set up a training institute in Jhajjar to impart necessary skills among the teachers before they join services.
Besides imparting pre-service and in-service training, it will run a four-year integrated degree course in the disciplines of Arts, Science and Commerce.
The minister said due to consistent efforts by the state government, Haryana`s gross enrolment ratio has reached to about 20.13 per cent as compared to the National average of of 19.40 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'