Haryana to spend over Rs 3,200 cr on weaker sections
Chandigarh: Haryana government will spend a sum of Rs 32,16.28 crore for the welfare of people belonging to Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes through various schemes during the financial year 2013-14, officials said on Monday.
Over 1.48 lakh families have been provided with financial assistance of over Rs 230.20 crore up to last financial year under `Indira Gandhi Priyadarshni Vivah Shagun Yojana` launched in the year 2005.
Under the scheme, the government gives Rs 31,000 to members belonging to Scheduled Castes and and Rs 11,000 to widows living below the poverty line to solemnise their daughters` marriage.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed