Haryana to spend over Rs 3,200 cr on weaker sections
Chandigarh: Haryana government will spend a sum of Rs 32,16.28 crore for the welfare of people belonging to Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes through various schemes during the financial year 2013-14, officials said on Monday.
Over 1.48 lakh families have been provided with financial assistance of over Rs 230.20 crore up to last financial year under `Indira Gandhi Priyadarshni Vivah Shagun Yojana` launched in the year 2005.
Under the scheme, the government gives Rs 31,000 to members belonging to Scheduled Castes and and Rs 11,000 to widows living below the poverty line to solemnise their daughters` marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in