Haryana to take decision on separate SGPC soon: Hooda
Jind: Haryana government on Sunday said it has sought legal opinion for constituting a separate Shiromani Gururdwara Parbhandhak Committee (SGPC) in the state and has received about two lakh affidavits in its favour.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda today said his government will "soon" take a call in the best interest of Sikhs and a Committee headed by Finance Minister HS Chattha has received about two lakh affidavits in favour of having a separate SGPC in the state.
"Legal opinion on the issue (separate SGPC to manage affairs of Sikh shrines in Haryana) is being sought by the state government," he said here.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has opposed the Haryana`s proposed move, saying,"Shiromani Akali Dal would oppose the move tooth and nail."
To another question, Hooda said the real contest in the forthcoming state elections would be between Congress and BJP while Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) would be wiped out.
Hooda said in the Lok Sabha polls the INLD managed to win two seats as they "misguided" the people of the state and sought votes in the name of BJP leader Narendra Modi.
He said had the BJP contested both these seats- Hisar and Sirsa (reserve) on its own symbol, the INLD would have surely lost on them.
INLD won Hisar and Sirsa seats while Congress could manage to keep Rohtak seat in the recent Lok Sabha polls out of total ten seats in the state. Rest went to BJP.
He exuded confidence that Congress will win the Assembly polls in the state for the third consecutive term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi