Haryana warming up to political rallies
Chandigarh: As the Lok Sabha polls are approaching, Haryana is warming up to political rallies with principal opposition INLD and the ruling Congress scheduled to hold public meetings over the next fortnight.
Though BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi addressed a party-organised ex-servicemen rally in Rewari in mid-September, all the major parties have held a few public meetings across the state this month as well.
Indian National Lok Dal (INLD), which is observing November 1 as `Samman Divas`, will be holding a rally at Kurkushetra on that day to mark the centenary of its founder leader Chaudhary Devi Lal.
November 1 is also observed as `Haryana Day`, the day when the state was carved out of the then joint Punjab in the year 1966.
With INLD`s senior leadership, including party president and former chief minister Om Prakash Chautala, his son and general secretary Ajay Singh Chautala and others in jail in a teachers` recruitment scam, the youth leadership of the party led by MLA Abhay Singh Chautala and INLD`s fourth generation leaders Digvijay Singh Chautala and Dushyant Chautala, are mobilising the people to make Kurukshetra rally a success. "It will be a historic rally," INLD`s state unit president Ashok Arora claimed.
"A galaxy of top leaders including Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu, RPI leader Ramdas Athawale...Will be present," he said.
INLD`s rally will be followed by Congress` rally on November 10 at Gohana in Sonepat district. To make the rally a success, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda is leaving no stone unturned, a senior Haryana Congress leader said today.
Hooda, who yesterday held a meeting with party workers, called upon them to counter the misinformation campaign launched by the opposition on various issues and make rally a success.
The Chief Minister asked them to mobilise people in large numbers for the rally. "A number of announcements are expected to be made for the benefit of people...It will be a rally which will break all previous records. Lakhs of people will attend it," claimed Haryana Congress President Phool Chand Mullana.
At present Congress has nine members of the Lok Sabha from Haryana while the remaining one member is Kuldeep Bishnoi, who is President of the Haryana Janhit Congress, which is an ally of the BJP.
HJC and BJP too are holding rallies in the State. A week ago, BJP leaders Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj and other senior party leaders addressed a rally in Sonepat district.
Bishnoi, the Hisar MP, is currently criss-crossing the entire state with his `Vijay Rath Yatra`, which started three weeks back from his stronghold Mandi Adampur in Hisar district, an assembly constituency which is represented by his wife Renuka.
He is scheduled to cover all 90 Assembly constituencies in nearly two months time. Addressing one of his public meetings yesterday, Bishnoi told a gathering that time has come to judge a politician solely by his actions.
"I urge you to elect a leader with a clean image," he appealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM