Haryana woman, daughter commit suicide
Jhajjar: Unable to find her husband who went missing mysteriously five years ago, a woman and her teenaged daughter committed suicide in a village in Haryana`s Jhajjar district, police said on Friday.
The bodies of Poonam, 35, and her daughter, Munesh, 16, were found hanging from a tree at their farm near Guda village by villagers Thursday evening. The village is on the Jhajjar-Rohtak road, 50 km from Delhi.
The villagers called police who brought down the bodies and recovered a suicide note from the spot.
Police officials here said they were investigating the case on a complaint from Dharamvir Singh, father of Poonam.
"In her suicide note, Poonam said her husband Naresh had gone missing under mysterious circumstances five years ago. The family had no information of him since then," a spokesman of Jhajjar police told a news agency.
"The note said the family was shattered, and the mother and daughter were voluntarily ending their lives. They held no one responsible," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak