Haryana woman, daughter commit suicide
Jhajjar: Unable to find her husband who went missing mysteriously five years ago, a woman and her teenaged daughter committed suicide in a village in Haryana`s Jhajjar district, police said on Friday.
The bodies of Poonam, 35, and her daughter, Munesh, 16, were found hanging from a tree at their farm near Guda village by villagers Thursday evening. The village is on the Jhajjar-Rohtak road, 50 km from Delhi.
The villagers called police who brought down the bodies and recovered a suicide note from the spot.
Police officials here said they were investigating the case on a complaint from Dharamvir Singh, father of Poonam.
"In her suicide note, Poonam said her husband Naresh had gone missing under mysterious circumstances five years ago. The family had no information of him since then," a spokesman of Jhajjar police told a news agency.
"The note said the family was shattered, and the mother and daughter were voluntarily ending their lives. They held no one responsible," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch