Haryana woman, daughter commit suicide
Jhajjar: Unable to find her husband who went missing mysteriously five years ago, a woman and her teenaged daughter committed suicide in a village in Haryana`s Jhajjar district, police said on Friday.
The bodies of Poonam, 35, and her daughter, Munesh, 16, were found hanging from a tree at their farm near Guda village by villagers Thursday evening. The village is on the Jhajjar-Rohtak road, 50 km from Delhi.
The villagers called police who brought down the bodies and recovered a suicide note from the spot.
Police officials here said they were investigating the case on a complaint from Dharamvir Singh, father of Poonam.
"In her suicide note, Poonam said her husband Naresh had gone missing under mysterious circumstances five years ago. The family had no information of him since then," a spokesman of Jhajjar police told a news agency.
"The note said the family was shattered, and the mother and daughter were voluntarily ending their lives. They held no one responsible," the spokesman added.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad