Haryana woman, daughter commit suicide
Jhajjar: Unable to find her husband who went missing mysteriously five years ago, a woman and her teenaged daughter committed suicide in a village in Haryana`s Jhajjar district, police said on Friday.
The bodies of Poonam, 35, and her daughter, Munesh, 16, were found hanging from a tree at their farm near Guda village by villagers Thursday evening. The village is on the Jhajjar-Rohtak road, 50 km from Delhi.
The villagers called police who brought down the bodies and recovered a suicide note from the spot.
Police officials here said they were investigating the case on a complaint from Dharamvir Singh, father of Poonam.
"In her suicide note, Poonam said her husband Naresh had gone missing under mysterious circumstances five years ago. The family had no information of him since then," a spokesman of Jhajjar police told a news agency.
"The note said the family was shattered, and the mother and daughter were voluntarily ending their lives. They held no one responsible," the spokesman added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living