Haryana woman, daughter commit suicide
Jhajjar: Unable to find her husband who went missing mysteriously five years ago, a woman and her teenaged daughter committed suicide in a village in Haryana`s Jhajjar district, police said on Friday.
The bodies of Poonam, 35, and her daughter, Munesh, 16, were found hanging from a tree at their farm near Guda village by villagers Thursday evening. The village is on the Jhajjar-Rohtak road, 50 km from Delhi.
The villagers called police who brought down the bodies and recovered a suicide note from the spot.
Police officials here said they were investigating the case on a complaint from Dharamvir Singh, father of Poonam.
"In her suicide note, Poonam said her husband Naresh had gone missing under mysterious circumstances five years ago. The family had no information of him since then," a spokesman of Jhajjar police told a news agency.
"The note said the family was shattered, and the mother and daughter were voluntarily ending their lives. They held no one responsible," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal