Haryana`s Narnaul town records minus 3 degrees
Chandigarh: Haryana`s Narnaul town was the coldest place in the state early Monday with the minimum temperature hitting a new low of 3 degrees Celsius below the freezing point, Met officials here said.
Officials in Punjab and Haryana said that 21 people have died because of the intense cold wave in the region over the past one month. Of these, 13 have died in Punjab and eight in Haryana. Most of those who died were homeless, poor people living in the open.
Hisar town in Haryana recorded a low of -0.8 degrees Celsius on Monday. The temperature in the town had slippede to a low of minus 1.1 degrees Celsius early Sunday.
Met officials said that most places in Haryana and Punjab were reeling under intense cold wave conditions. The maximum temperatures at most places were seven to 11 degrees below normal, while the minimum temperatures were one to four degrees below the season`s average.
While the minimum temperatures in both the states hovered between 3 degrees Celsius below and 3 degrees Celsius above the freezing point Monday, the day temperatures Sunday were in the range of just nine to 12 degrees Celsius.
Bhiwani in Haryana recorded a low of 0.5 degree, while Chandigarh had a low of 2.7 degrees Celsius on Monday.
In Punjab, the Sikh holy city of Amritsar was the coldest at a low of 1.8 degrees Celsius, while Patiala and Ludhiana witnessed lows of 2.4 and 2.7 degrees respectively.
Met officials said the dry, cold spell along with foggy conditions in some parts will continue for the next two days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know