HAU students begin indefinite dharna
Hisar: The students of Haryana Agricultural University (HAU) on Tuesday went on an indefinite dharna and relay hunger strike, protesting the alleged indifferent attitude by the state government towards their demands.
Their demands included creation of post of Agriculture Development Officer (ADO farm implements) at block level in the Department of Agriculture and creation of post of ADO (micro irrigation) and ADO (poly house design expert) at district level in the department of Horticulture.
We are also demanding the inclusion of qualification of B-Tech (Agriculture Engineering) for the posts of secretary cum executive officer and sub divisional officers in Agriculture Marketing Board Haryana, a student of the College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology said.
We will continue the relay hunger strike in which every day two students will sit on fast, he said.
The protesters alleged that the state government was not showing interest to solve their problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`