Haud Chillar Commission of enquiry scope extended
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has extended the scope of the one-man Justice (retd) TP Garg Commission of Enquiry to cover the area of Pataudi and any other places of Gurgaon district in addition to Rewari already assigned.
Stating this, an official spokesman here on Friday said Justice Garg, (Haud-Chillar) Commission of Enquiry, however, would not enquire into the incidents which have already been probed by Justice G T Nanawati Commission set up by the Centre.
He said any claim by the victims from Pataudi and Gurgaon district, which had not been considered by Justice Nanawati, could be made before Justice Garg within six weeks.
The one-man Commission of Enquiry appointed by the state government is probing the killing of Sikhs at Haud Chillar village in Rewari district of the state and the damage caused to properties of Sikhs living there in incidents of violence in the anti-Sikh riots of November 1984.
The claims should be submitted in the Commission`s office located in the PWD Rest House (old wing) during working days.
"Every such victim would have to furnish the statement of his or her claim and also have to furnish a list of documents, if any, on which he proposes to rely", the spokesman said.
"They would have to forward to the Commission the original or true copies duly authenticated as might be in his or her possession or control and would also state the name or names and addresses of the persons from whom the remaining documents could be obtained," he added.
The Commission was appointed following demands from different sections of people for an enquiry into various aspects of the incidents of violence in the village.
The village consisting torched houses, a burnt Sikh shrine and scattered human bones was discovered last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation