Have raised a valid issue: OP Dhankar on his controversial statement
Gurgaon: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader OP Dhankaron Sunday justified his controversial statement saying the party would get girls from Bihar to ensure that men in Haryana can get married.
"I have raised a valid issue. It was not my intention to offend anyone or any culture. If anyone has been hurt, they need to revisit my statement," said Dhankar.
"A good issue has been turned into a controversy. It is my concern that there are illegal marriages being carried out here. And women are not respected in such illegal marriages," he added.
He said that there must be more focus on this issue of illegal marriages, and added that the relations must be formed on the basis of respect.
Dhankar`s comment had reportedly drawn flak from opposition leaders.
Janata Dal (United) leader Ali Anwar said, "This is very inappropriate and wrong statement. Action should be taken against him. We have very good relations with Haryana but by giving such statement they spread communalism and that the men there are anti-women. Such people want to create hatred. This is very dangerous for the country."
CPI leader D Raja also said that the political parties need to educate their leaders on these matters.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district